Friday Five - Distance and communication, 2002-09-20, 6:56 a.m.
It's the Friday Five!
1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people? I'm deplorable at it. Completely rotten. It frustrates me and I go through periods where I'm good at it. But no, I'm not good at keeping in touch with people and have lost friends that way.
2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why? I like e-mail because people can use it in their own time. If you e-mail someone in the middle of supper, they can get the e-mail when they're available.
3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it? I have two - IM and ICQ. I'm sure AIM is on here somewhere as well. I also used to be a big IRC user. I don't use them much as usually if I'm on my machine, I am working on something and am not in the mood to chat. I think I'm antisocial.
4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away? Most are far away. They had to move for work or family reasons. It's really sad actually.
5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"? I don't like putting things off, so the out of sight, out of mind doesn't work. I think that distance from people makes my heart grow more frustrated - with myself, with them, with the distance.
That was the Friday Five!